The annual playground spring clean will take place on Sunday May 31st from 10am to 2pm.
Everyone is welcome including children and wider family members, the more the merrier!
The types of chores you might be doing include:
- painting the boards on the bin shelter with chalkboard paint
- painting the mushrooms in the open air classroom area
- sowing some wildflower seeds
- fixing the outdoor chimes in the P1 playground (by using old metal cooking utensils – donations welcome!)
- help running a second hand uniform sale (sorting and washing clothes)
- cleaning the bike shelter
What do you need to bring?
Brooms, bin bags, gardening equipment (we have lots of child size things but need adult sized spades and forks), paint brushes and any spare paint (outdoor).
Donations of homebaking to keep all the volunteers going would be great!
CAN’T MAKE THE 31ST BUT STILL WANT TO HELP OUT?
If you cannot help out on the 31st there are general chores which can be done in the garden at any time:
- Digging over the raised beds in the school and afty garden
- Giving the worms in the wormery some food
- General tidying and sweeping up in the garden
- Sowing sunflower seeds
If you are free at school pick up, please take your children into the garden – we have plenty of “child size” gardening tools and gardening gloves. There are also waterproofs and wellies in the outdoor learning area in the glass foyer of the school – please feel free to use.
Helen would be happy to show people around the garden and let them know where everything is. She can do this at school drop off (Mon-Fri) or school collection (Mon, Tues, Thurs).
Email her at email@example.com