Hyndland Mums on the Run are raising money this October to pay for buses to take the kids to Scotstoun Stadium. Each year group will get the chance to experience what it’s like to compete in a professional athletics stadium – running on a real track, doing long jump in a proper long jump sandpit and using the same facilities that Team Scotland’s athletes use on a regular basis. If you would like to be part of our fundraising activities – either by sponsoring a runner or taking part yourself – check out our leaflet below. Please get involved because your money and efforts can make a real difference to our kids. A bus costs £150 – we get the Stadium for free.
5k isn’t as far as it sounds. If you’ve ever thought about trying a race, either running or walking or running AND walking, here are some routes you could do:
- From the gates of Kelvingrove Park (on the Kelvin Way by the Skate Park), along the river, to the Friends of the Kelvin Building and back = 5km;
- 10 times around the Riverside Museum – 5km;
- The corner of Hyndland Rd. to Byres Rd. is 1km – run up and down that 5 times = 5km;
- The corner of Great Western Rd. and Crow Rd. (Anniesland) to the corner of Great Western Rd. and Byres Rd. and back = 5km;
- School to Byres Rd. to Queen Margaret Drive, left along Clouston Street, onto Kirklee Rd. onto Great Western Rd to Hyndland Rd. to North Gardner Street and back to school = 5km.